Diamond Valley Library upgrade
The Diamond Valley Library is set to undergo a major upgrade funded through the State Government’s Living Libraries Infrastructure Program, Nillumbik Shire Council and the Yarra Plenty Regional Library Service.
The library was built in 1984 and extended in 1993, but since then there have been significant global changes in how libraries are used and the use of technology, and local community needs.
We’d love to hear your thoughts on the concept designs for the library upgrade.
Some of the following items that have been considered are;
- Extended children’s zone to meet the needs of young families using the library.
- Tech Area for the delivery of STEAM (Science, Technology, Environment, Arts and Maths)/Maker activities and for people to connect with new technology.
- New community meeting room with kitchen facilities.
- New co-working zone for micro-businesses and budding entrepreneurs with a space for training, workshops and to brainstorm.
- New community zone welcoming young and old to collaborate, read and study with their peers
- New outdoor deck area and café area
- New accessible unisex toilets
The addition of an outdoor decked area, extending into the current community garden, will encourage connection of the community, especially children, with nature, fresh food and healthy living.
This connection will be extended to the new community meeting room that will have kitchen facilities and provide a much needed community meeting facility for local residents and groups.
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the Diamond Valley Library upgrade.
This survey is now closed.
Note: Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the Diamond Valley Library is currently closed, but there is a great range of online services at its website yprl.vic.gov.au
Privacy Collection Notice
Nillumbik Shire Council is collecting your personal information for the purpose of collecting feedback in relation to the Diamond Valley Library upgrade.
Information collected may be shared with Yarra Plenty Regional Library for the purpose of sharing the feedback received on the concept plans.
You can access the personal information held by Council about you by contacting Council's Privacy Officer on 9433 3171 or by email email@example.com, or PO BOX 476, Greensborough Vic 3088.