Community and Leisure Framework Plan
- To provide for a network of spaces and facilities as required for leisure and recreation to meet projected community needs.
- To provide more unstructured recreational spaces.
- To encourage better connectivity between community uses.
- To provide a multi-purpose community hub in the Activity Centre.
- To encourage the implementation of a Community Hospital.
- To encourage community art.
- Investigate the potential to implement a community hub in Precinct 5 that combines services and spaces for a variety of activities for all ages, including maternal child health services, flexible meeting spaces, cultural development and learning and social support.
- Advocate to the State Government to locate the Community Hospital in the Activity Centre, preferably in Precinct 5.
- Implement improvements to the legibility of the Diamond Creek Trail, including realignment off Main Road to another alternative.
- Investigate locations for unstructured recreational spaces for people to connect and gather, designed with flexibility for a range of activities including temporary rock climbing wall, kite flying, futsal, performance arts and music.
- Investigate the opportunity for a sporting and leisure precinct approach to Eltham Leisure Centre, Eltham High school and surrounding business and facilities.
- Consider the introduction of an auditorium (which includes assisted listening systems and closed caption integration), regional art gallery, community cinema, community kitchen, office and activity spaces for visiting agencies and community service/ customer information centre.