Help us prepare a new Green Wedge Management Plan (GWMP) to guide the future of our iconic rural areas, the ‘Green Wedge’, which covers some 91 per cent of the Shire.
Over the last year, many of you have shared your ideas and knowledge to help us understand - What is the best way for us to manage Nillumbik's Green Wedge, now and in the future?
You can find out more about all stages of the project by clicking on the images below.
At the Ordinary Council Meeting on 25 June, Council endorsed the Draft Green Wedge Management Plan for community consultation.
There will be four information sessions where you can hear from subject matter experts about the development of the plan. (Details and registration on this page)
You can provide feedback:
- Via the online feedback form
- By completing a hard-copy feedback form. These will be available at key locations throughout the Shire and can be returned to the Civic Centre in Greensborough, Eltham Community and Reception Centre or Hurstbridge Hub
- By posting your submission to PO Box 476, Greensborough VIC 3088 (Marked Attn: GWMP Project Team)
Feedback closes at 11.59pm on Sunday 11 August
What are the next steps?
- A summary of all community engagement will be presented to Council at a Future Nillumbik Meeting in September 2019.
- Following the Future Nillumbik Meeting, the summary will be made available to the community.
- Council will consider all submissions received and will use the feedback to inform the development of the final Green Wedge Management Plan.
- The final Green Wedge Management Plan will be presented to Council for endorsement in October 2019.