Help shape improvements to the heart of Wattle Glen
Council has commenced a project to work with the community to consider and plan for improvements to the public spaces (also called the “public realm”) within the heart of Wattle Glen.
Examples of public spaces are footpaths, trails, parkland and road reserves.
The indicative study area for the project is within a red dashed box shown in a map provided. Click here to access or see below.
Key aims of this project are to plan for:
- Improved connections and accessibility, particularly for pedestrians and cyclists, between key destinations. For example, between the train station and Pepper’s Paddock.
- Enhancements to the public spaces which better reflect and promote the preferred character of Wattle Glen.
The project only proposes to plan design improvements to public places within the heart of Wattle Glen and will not consider changes to existing planning controls.
Engagement with the community is the key to success and a first round of public engagement for the project.
We’d like your input into better understanding how we can:
- Reinforce what you identify as positively characterising Wattle Glen
- Provide safer, more comfortable and connected ways of moving around the heart of Wattle Glen
- Ensure sustainability is central to everything we do
Your input is important
There are a number of ways you can provide input:
- Attend a community workshop (Original community workshops postponed due to COVID-19 restrictions. New dates to be advised)
- Complete a short on-line survey below OR
- Make a submission. This can be submitted below or posted to:
Leigh Northwood Strategic Planning Lead PO Box 476 Greensborough 3088
The closing date for feedback is currently being reviewed in light of developments with Covid restrictions and will be extended beyond the initial closing date of 9 August 2021.
Indicative Study Area for Wattle Glen Public Realm Framework Project
Privacy Collection Notice:
Nillumbik Shire Council is inviting feedback for the purpose of facilitating effective community engagement in relation to the Wattle Glen Public Realm Framework.
Your submission, with personal and contact information redacted, may be made available for viewing or appear in a future Council meeting business paper.
A third party (GHD Consultants) have been engaged to help facilitate this consultation and responses will be disclosed to GHD Consultants for the purpose of effective reporting. Your details will not be disclosed to other third parties without your consent unless we are permitted or required to by law
If you do not provide the mandatory information then your feedback cannot be accepted.
You have the right to access and correct your personal information. Enquiries for access should be made to the Privacy Officer 9433 3271, firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 476, Greensborough Vic 3088.