Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the draft Budget 2023-2024
The Budget 2023-2024 provides resources for the ongoing delivery of Council services to the community, delivery of Council Plan actions and for the development and maintenance of infrastructure throughout the Shire.
The budget sets the rates and charges for the next financial year and outlines spending including major capital works projects.
Any increase in rates must be within the rate cap set by the Minister for Local Government, which for 2023-24 is 3.50 per cent.
Major capital works projects proposed for the next financial year include:
• Kangaroo Ground landfill rehabilitation $5 million
• Road and carpark renewal $1.74 million
• Diamond Creek netball courts roof $1.7 million
• Buildings renewal (including public toilets) $1.54 million
• Road upgrades $1.4 million
• Hurstbridge outdoor netball courts $540,000
• Diamond Creek and Panton Hill tennis courts renewal $400,000.
Feedback has now closed.