Draft Budget 2023-2024
The Budget 2023-2024 provides resources for the ongoing delivery of Council services to the community, delivery of Council Plan actions and for the development and maintenance of infrastructure throughout the Shire.
The budget sets the rates and charges for the next financial year and outlines spending including major capital works projects.
Any increase in rates must be within the rate cap set by the Minister for Local Government, which for 2023-24 is 3.50 per cent.
Major capital works projects proposed for the next financial year include:
• Kangaroo Ground landfill rehabilitation $5 million
• Road and carpark renewal $1.74 million
• Diamond Creek netball courts roof $1.7 million
• Buildings renewal (including public toilets) $1.54 million
• Road upgrades $1.4 million
• Hurstbridge outdoor netball courts $540,000
• Diamond Creek and Panton Hill tennis courts renewal $400,000.
Community members are welcome to provide feedback.
Copies of the draft Budget 2023-2024 are available in the document library on this page, at the Civic Centre, Civic Drive, Greensborough between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday or the Eltham or Diamond Valley Library during opening hours.
Feedback closes 5pm Thursday 30 March 2023
Provide your feedback
Complete the feedback form or attach a written submission by 5pm Thursday 30 March
Council will review the feedback and also consider submissions at the 11 April 2023 Planning and Consultation Committee meeting, where submitters will also be able to make verbal statements.
To register to speak at the Planning and Consultation Committee meeting click here.