New vision for the future
Nillumbik has a new vision for the future, capturing the essence of what is most valued about our community and our Shire, and informed by extensive consultation.
The Community Vision – Nillumbik 2040 was adopted by Council along with the Council Plan 2021-2025, Nillumbik Health and Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025, and Financial Plan 2021-2031.
See all the documents by clicking the links below
Phase 1 Consultation
What we heard
While participant responses to ‘Our People, Our Place, Our Future’ were wide and varied, what was very strongly reinforced through this engagement was that our community wants our Shire to be a place where:
- Equity, inclusion and participation is championed
- Mental and physical wellbeing is supported
- Liveability is prioritised
- The environment, including the Green Wedge, is valued, admired and protected
- Actions to mitigate the effects of climate change are undertaken
- Risk and emergency management underpins Council’s practices
Further analysis of the engagement data and subsequent engagement phases will be delivered over the coming months in line with the legislated strategic planning requirements.