Open space in Plenty
The site at 109 -115 Yan Yean Road, Plenty was previously home to the Plenty Fire Brigade.
During previous consultation community were asked whether they would like the building retained and repurposed or demolished and the land returned to public open space.
More than 73 per cent of local Plenty residents supported the building being demolished.
Since the construction of the new Plenty Fire Station and the demolition of the old Plenty Fire Brigade this area is now vacant and will be returned to open space.
Concept designs have been drafted that use a Universal Design focus to benefit as many users as possible for this space.
It aims for social integration and inclusion, social identity, social participation and health and wellness.
The draft design incorporates;
- Natural environment look and feel
- Grass area
- Concrete paths creating connectivity from surrounding paths and carparks
- Rocks to ideally sit around and gather
- Shade from trees
- Consideration of nature play
- Accessible picnic table and drinking fountain
Please note that this project will be constructed in two stages:
- Stage 1 aims to formalise the layout of the space and includes pathway works, seeded lawn, tree planting and feature rocks.
- Stage 2 will focus on additional landscaping including planting, log seating and installation of a picnic table and shelter. Note: These works are subject to securing additional funding in the future.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Feedback will now be consolidated.
Feedback has now closed