Nillumbik Planning Scheme Amendment C126nill Panel Hearing
The Planning Panel Hearing to consider submissions was held virtually on 25 May 2021.
Council has since received the Panel Report and can be viewed here
The Panel Report will be brought to the August Planning and Consultation Committee and Council Meeting.
Land affected by the Amendment
The Amendment applies to the following land:
- Eastern end of John Street, Eltham
- Eastern end of Bridge Street, Eltham
OutcomeAmendment C126 to the Nillumbik Planning Scheme has been approved by the Minister for Planning and notice of this was published in the Victoria Government Gazette on 18 March 2022. The Amendment was completed on the publishing of that notice.
Amendment C126 to the Nillumbik Planning Scheme will:
1. Partially rezone the eastern end of John Street, Eltham from Neighbourhood Residential Zone Schedule 1 to Public Park and Recreation Zone.
2. Partially rezone the eastern end of Bridge Street, Eltham from Neighbourhood Residential Zone Schedule 1 to Public Park and Recreation Zone.
A full copy of the approved Amendment can be viewed by visiting the offices of Nillumbik Shire Council at Civic Drive, Greensborough or at the following State Government website: Browse Amendments
If you have any enquiries regarding the Amendment please contact Council’s Strategic Planning Unit on 9433 3111.
The following map shows the extent (denoted in green) of the areas rezoned by Amendment C126 to the Nillumbik Planning Scheme:
Click here to view map
Why is the Amendment required?
The amendment is required to implement the findings of a review of this Council managed land that is currently serving a public open space function, but not appropriately zoned. The review found that these sections of road reserve were no longer required for the purpose of vehicular use, Council is in the process to discontinue these two road reserves pursuant to the statutory process under the Local Government Act 1989 and retain the resultant land for public park and recreation, including pedestrian access.
A more detailed explanation for Council’s proposed rezoning to Public Park and Recreation Zone in provided in the Explanatory Report for Amendment C126
Other amendment documents are:
Making a submission
The submission period is now closed. Thank you
- For information and updates on amendments to Planning Schemes, please see the following link: https://www.planning.vic.gov.au/schemes-and-amendments/browse-amendments
- For details about the planning scheme amendment process, please see the following link: https://www.planning.vic.gov.au/schemes-and-amendments/amending-a-planning-scheme
- For information in regard to Panels Victoria, please see the following link: https://www.planning.vic.gov.au/panels-and-committees/panels-and-committees