Nillumbik Planning Scheme Amendment C126nill Panel Hearing
Due to COVID-19 and the associated physical distancing requirements, a Directions Hearing for Nillumbik Planning Scheme Amendment C126nill was held by video conference on 29 April 2021.
The Main Hearing is scheduled to commence by video conference on Tuesday 25 May 2021.
Parties to the Hearing have been contacted regarding these arrangements. The Panel will hear this matter in an open forum, consistent with its obligation to conduct hearings in public.
As with in-person hearings, please be advised that the Hearing must not be recorded in any part or in any way without permission from the Panel. This includes audio and video recording.
Land affected by the Amendment
The Amendment applies to the following land:
- Eastern end of John Street, Eltham
- Eastern end of Bridge Street, Eltham
What the amendment does
The Amendment proposes to:
- Partially rezone the eastern end of John Street, Eltham from Neighbourhood Residential Zone Schedule 1 (NRZ1) to Public Park and Recreation Zone (PPRZ).
- Partially rezone the eastern end of Bridge Street, Eltham from Neighbourhood Residential Zone Schedule 1 (NRZ1) to Public Park and Recreation Zone (PPRZ).
Why is the Amendment required?
The amendment is required to implement the findings of a review of this Council managed land that is currently serving a public open space function, but not appropriately zoned. The review found that these sections of road reserve were no longer required for the purpose of vehicular use, Council is in the process to discontinue these two road reserves pursuant to the statutory process under the Local Government Act 1989 and retain the resultant land for public park and recreation, including pedestrian access.
A more detailed explanation for Council’s proposed rezoning to Public Park and Recreation Zone in provided in the Explanatory Report for Amendment C126
Other amendment documents are:
Making a submission
The submission period is now closed. Thank you
If you have any enquiries regarding the proposed Amendment C126 to the Nillumbik Planning Scheme, including how to view the amendment and submissions, please contact Bea Guevara, Senior Strategic Planner by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 9433 3269.
- For information and updates on amendments to Planning Schemes, please see the following link: https://www.planning.vic.gov.au/schemes-and-amendments/browse-amendments
- For details about the planning scheme amendment process, please see the following link: https://www.planning.vic.gov.au/schemes-and-amendments/amending-a-planning-scheme
- For information in regard to Panels Victoria, please see the following link: https://www.planning.vic.gov.au/panels-and-committees/panels-and-committees
Nillumbik Shire Council is collecting your personal information the purpose of receiving a submission for Council to consider submissions and to notify such persons of the opportunity to attend council meetings and any public hearing held to consider submissions in accordance with section 21 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
Your submission will be made available for public inspection, and may form part of a Council report. Your personal information will not be published for inspection, or in a publically available document. The personal information in your submission will not be shared with third parties unless we are permitted or required to be law.
If you do not provide the mandatory information, you will be unable to provide a submission.
You have the right to access and correct your personal information. Enquiries for access should be made to the Privacy Officer 9433 3271, email@example.com or PO Box 476, Greensborough Vic 3088.